While many believe being in a relationship in your 20s is a waste of time, in this episode of Between the Pages, Myles and I challenge that notion by bringing our 6 years experienced perspectives on just how beneficial a relationship can be for your wellness, personal growth, and emotional maturity.
In this, we talk about the keys to a successful relationship as:
- Having similar base values (5:40) — Allowing you to be on the same page when it comes to conflict, gender roles (where applicable), and what the relationship should look like.
- Doing what works best for YOUR relationship and avoiding falling victim to outside influences (9:15) — When you mutually agree on aspects of the relationship, no one else’s opinion matters.
- Mutual effort, communication, respect, and communication (15:25)— by giving equal effort, communicating effectively, and learning each other’s love languages.
- Self-awareness, self-reflection, and growing together through conflict and life in your 20s (30:00)— which happens when both parties use arguments as an opportunity for growth within the relationship and within themselves.
- Having your own identity outside of the relationship and Being each other’s biggest fans (40:15) — Allowing for independence, personal growth, mutual support, and a stronger relationship.
Hi! My name is Sabria Sparrow and I am a Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger located in Southern California, USA. As an English Grad student, influencer, and composition instructor, my blog is an outlet where I share my most valuable lessons on personal growth and development! My aim is to inspire others to chase their dreams, have healthy relationships, and be the best versions of themselves